Sunday, February 17, 2013

Taco Soup

Hi everyone;
With yet another snowstorm-y weekend, and with both hamburger and canned tomatoes on sale, I thought it would be good to try a hearty soup as my new-to-me recipe.  So I've gone back to the Crockpot365 blog this week and decided to try her Taco Soup.  You can find the recipe here: http://crockpot365.blogspot.ca/2008/02/original-taco-soup-crockpot-recipe.html

Here is a photo of the ingredients.  Although I didn't use that much hamburger; I took half and used it in another batch of Stuffed Pepper Soup that I made a few weeks back.  My heart broke a little last week when I took the last serving out of the freezer, so I made another batch this morning. :)

Everything thrown into the crock - it makes a lot!


And the final result:

I would say it makes more of a loose chili than a soup.  The taste is good, I would totally scoop some into a taco shell, and it would be great.  But to be honest, I probably won't make this again.  This isn't soupy enough for me to consider it a soup.  And if I'm going to have chili, I want the chili that I normally make.   That's just my personal opinion though.

Oh well.  I tried! 

No comments:

Post a Comment