Wednesday, February 20, 2013

LOAD Day 20 - Hidden Element

Today's LOAD prompt was to have a hidden element on the layout.  This was really hard for me, I never do hidden journalling or anything like that on my layouts.  I figure my pages are in page protectors, and the only way people are going to see the hidden journalling is if they take the entire page out of the protector.  And realistically, that's not going to happen.

So, I couldn't go the full month of LOAD without sneaking in a layout about Thomas Ulsrud.  Lain, the woman who is running LOAD, has a thing for Hugh Jackman.  She can have Hugh, I'll take Thomas, LOL. 


As you can see, I busted out my Cuttlebug to emboss the red and silver paper.  And I fussy-cut some curling stones from pattern paper that I have (and that's something else I rarely do, is fussy-cut).  The layout is based on a PageMaps sketch (sorry, I don't have a link to it).  And the hidden element?  It's behind the photo:


Yep, that's his autograph.  I got it a few times the week of the Ford Worlds in Moncton in 2009.  I also have pictures of him and I (don't get me started on the photobomb, where a fellow volunteer and new 'friend' lost patience with the kind gentleman taking our picture who didn't know how to work my camera.  She stuck herself right in between us.  Grr.).

I'm on the homestretch now for LOAD - 8 layouts left! 

No comments:

Post a Comment