Sunday, February 3, 2013

LOAD Day 3 - Important but Overlooked

On to day 3 of LOAD!  Today's prompt was to do a layout about something that is important to you, but often overlooked.  I decided to do a layout about my grandmother's needlepoints.  They're on my walls, and you know how you can walk by a painting (or needlepoint in this case) everyday and not really notice it?  Well, I've been taking those needlepoints for granted, and today was a good reminder to appreciate them the way they deserve to be.

Not everyone in the family has some of my grandmother's needlepoints.  The one on the left, she gave to me when I moved into my first apartment in Ottawa.  She felt I needed something on my walls, but I think she assumed I wouldn't really display it.  She was really pleased the next time she came over, and it was hung on a prominent wall in my living room (and always had been).  I am so happy to have her signature on the back of that one.  The one in the middle, she had given that one and another large one to my parents to bring back for my brother and I.  I chose that one because of the green frame (my brother got one in a blue frame).  And the one on the right, I got after she passed away and willed her needlepoints to my mom. 


Supplies:
Patterned Paper and Die Cuts: My Minds Eye Nostalgia collection
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet
Liquid Pearls
Flower and Crochet flower - Prima maybe?  They were not in their package anymore.
Sew Easy - tool and thread

I haven't forgotten that I need to make my new-to-me recipe today - I just have to figure out what that will be, LOL.  Maybe something to eat during the Superbowl?  Hmm, that's an idea.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment