Friday, February 22, 2013

LOAD Day 22- Taste

Wow, we're in the final week of LOAD.  And to be honest with you - I'm starting to lose steam, and I'm looking forward to the end. 

Today's prompt was to scrap about "taste" - how something tastes to you, your favorite taste, whether you love sending Christmas Cards because you get to lick 47 envelopes.... ;)  I decided to scrap about the fact that I have a definite sweet tooth.  There's no denying that!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Pattern Paper: American Crafts (I really dug into my old stash for this, LOL).
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Liquid Pearls
Dymo Labeller
Signo Pen
The tooth and 'Sweet Tooth' were cut on the cricut.

And I was told this AWESOME story tonight when I picked Rudy up at his doggy daycare.  A few years ago, the owner's oldest dog passed away, and I had scrapped a memorial page for Calvin, framed it and gave it to Stephanie.  It's been hanging in the reception area at the daycare ever since.  A month or two ago, another of her dogs passed away, Winnie.  Winnie used to come greet me and to get attention when they were in their first location.

I was going to ask Stephanie for pictures of Winnie so I could do a layout like Calvin's, but she had a lot going on at that point so I decided to wait.  And of course, then it slipped my mind.   Stephanie recently went to a Medium; and during the session, the Medium asked if she'd lost a dog recently.   So of course Steph said yes, and mentioned Winnie.  Know what the Medium said?  "She wants to know why SHE doesn't have a plaque on the wall".!!!!    This Medium hadn't been to the daycare, so would have no way of knowing about Calvin's layout.  How cool is THAT??  

Hold on, Winnie girl, I'll make you one.  I promise.

Thanks for stopping by. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment