Sunday, February 24, 2013

LOAD Day 24

Hi everyone;
Today's LOAD prompt was to make use of items in your scrappy stash that you have been hoarding - you know, the stuff you don't want to use because you love it so much?  Seems ironic that you wouldn't use something you love, but we all do it, don't we?

I hummed and hawed about what to scrap today.  So I decided to look through my stash first for inspiration, and I found what is left of my FancyPants "My Family" collection.  I loved that collection, I really did!  I have a few layouts already with it, but was holding on to the few leftovers.  So I decided to use that today - and that inspired me to go to my old photo album that my Mom gave me when I left home.

This photo is of my sister, brother and I one Christmas (I want to say 1974, but I could be off by a year on either side).  "Rockband" has nothing on us, LOL.  I'm betting Mom and Dad weren't so keen on those Santa presents after the fact. ;)


Supplies:
Kraft paper
All other pattern paper, and the labels above/below the photo: FancyPants "My Family" collection
Distrezz-it-all to distress all the paper edges
Distress Ink: Aged Mahogany, Walnut Stain
Creative Memories Cutting System (for the circle)
Sharpie pen

I'll be back later with this week's new-to-me recipe.  It is currently in the oven.  Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment