Friday, February 15, 2013

LOAD Day 15 - Sound

I'm on the downward slope for LOAD now, the first half is done!  Today's prompt (with Friday's theme being about "Senses") was to scrap about "sound".  The sample layout we were shown was of a picture of her kids on the couch, laughing - and she journalled about how she loves to hear her kids laughing together, and hopes that they laugh together as adults.

I didn't get quite that serious. :)  My first instinct was to scrap a few photos that I have of waves crashing on the beach, and how that sound relaxes me, and I have the best sleep EVER at the beach.  But then I remembered the Mariachi Band that my Dad hired for our family reunion in the Dominican Republic.  You can't mistake Mariachi music for anything else, LOL.  I even have some videos (not posted) of the fam dancing to some of the songs.  I kid you not.  I also have a video of the last few seconds of them singing me Happy Birthday (my birthday was a week later).  They had already sung  the traditional Mexican birthday song, Las Mananitas - but to be honest, I didn't KNOW that it was a birthday song.  I just kept wondering why everyone was looking at me??  Anyhoo, on to the layout.


Supplies:
White and black cardstock: Reflections
Orange and teal cardstock: Ranger Distress
Pattern paper - ME!  I took a close-up picture of my Mexican blanket, and printed it.  Patting myself on the back for that one.
Border punch - EK Success
Stickles
Sharpie Pen
The sombrero was cut on my Cricut, from the Wild Card cartridge.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment