Thursday, February 14, 2013

LOAD Day 14 - Define 'home'

Happy Valentine's Day!

Oddly enough, today's LOAD prompt was not about love, like I was expecting.  Rather, it was about 'home'.  What is 'home' to you?  A smell?  A favorite item?  Define 'home'.

When I think of 'home', I inevitably think about my hometown, Bathurst, New Brunswick.  Like my journalling says - and like most kids - I couldn't get out of that town fast enough after high school.  I didn't appreciate it, it felt too small, everybody knew everybody else's business.... typical teenage feelings.

Now that I'm an adult, and somewhat sentimental, I *do* appreciate all the little things about Bathurst.  Wow, what growing up can do! LOL

I did not take the photo of Bathurst in this layout - I can't remember who did...my Mom's cousin, maybe?  A local photographer, Christopher Love?  Kudos to whoever did, I wish I could give you the credit you deserve.  The photeo was taken a few years ago at least, because the bridge on the right-hand side has been redone and doesn't look like that anymore.


Supplies:
Pattern paper: Simple Stories
Cardstock: Reflections
Flowers: Bazzil Basics
Liquid Pearls
Thickers
Martha Stewart Border Punch
American Crafts baker's twine
Distress Ink - Rusty Hinge
Button - Basic Grey

Two weeks down, two left!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment